Saturday, 29 March 2014

A MOTHER LIKE YOU


2013-03-14 12.19.42

As I can’t talk yet I can’t tell you myself
but until that day comes I’ve got Nanny to help
I want people to know all the things that you do
and how glad that I am for a Mother like you

When I was born you calmly accepted
things were not going to be quite as expected
the doctors they said there would be things I won’t do
but they did not account for a Mother like you

They could not dismiss you,  try as they might,
you stood your ground fast and fought for my rights.
Those doctors in white and those nurses in blue
now have every respect for a Mother like you.

Some days you look tired it shows in your eyes.
I can be demanding, I just don’t realise
that Mummies and Daddies need their rest too,
but you never complain, not a Mother like you.

I know that I still have a long way to go
but I know with your help those doctors I’ll show
that there is still a lot yet that I can do,
because I have the help of a Mother like you.

So with Nanny’s words I just want to say,
I wish you the very best Mothers Day.
Daddy, don’t feel left out, I love you loads too
but for today Mummy these words are for you

With all my love
Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading - please feel free to leave a comment.