I recently had a lovely surprise, my blog had been nominated for a Liebster Award by the very talented Complicated Gorgeousness. For those who have not heard of this award, it is an award given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is a way of new blogs being found and a way for new blogs to hopefully find new readers.
To accept this award there are strict instructions that have to be followed and these are:
* Give a link back to the blog that nominated you (see above)
* Answer some questions set by the person than nominated you which in this case is Complicated Gorgeousness
* Reveal 11 random facts about yourself
* Nominate 5-11 new blogs
* Set them some tricky and revealing questions
* Tell them that you have nominated them
So here we go. First I will start by trying to answer the questions put to me:
1. If someone gave you a free holiday where would you go?
I was tempted to say anywhere in France at first, but I think as it is a free holiday I am going to say Japan. Since being a child I have always been fascinated by all things Japanese. I love the art, the culture and even the music. I don’t know how this fascination came about, but I can remember being given a Japanese fan as a child and it became a treasured possession for years until it got broken and eventually thrown away. I loved the delicacy of it, the images that were painted on it, the bone handle that had Japanese symbols down it and even the box it came in with it’s Japanese writing down the side.
2. What is better Christmas or Birthdays?
Christmas definitely. When you get older Birthdays are just a reminder that that is another year gone by and your biological clock is ticking away. Christmas on the other hand is a time for getting together with people and sharing. I have to say though that until a few years ago Christmas was always a time I dreaded. Not because I did not like Christmas but it seemed to be the time when year after year bad things happened within the family. There were deaths, hospitalisations, illness, a friend of mine used to say that she was frightened to say to me have a happy Christmas as the chances were that I wouldn’t! I am glad to say that the Christmas Jinx now seems to have gone (touch wood).
3. If you could be anything in the world what would you be?
Mmm this was a tricky one and nearly had me burning my roast potatoes! (I should explain I am typing this whilst cooking a roast dinner). I always wanted to be an actress but perhaps it is too late for that now so I will go for being recognised as a writer. Writing has always been a passion. I have always written in one form or another, poetry, odd odes ( in demand when someone was leaving from where I worked), short stories and now blogs. Like every other ‘would be’ writer I have a novel inside me, well one or two actually, but never seem to find the time to get going with them. My blogs are the next best thing I suppose. So yes, I would like to be the next J.K Rowling or even Enid Blyton!
4. What is your favourite dinner?
No need to even think about this one, as a Black Country wench it has to be pigs feet and grey peas!
5. Which celebrity manages to push all your buttons in a bad way?
I don’t really go in for all of this celebrity thing – I do not believe in putting people on pedestals but I suppose if someone does get my goat more than anyone else it has to be Madonna.
6. X-factor or Strictly Come Dancing and why?
*boring fart alert*!! Neither – never watched them and never really want to, just not my thing – sorry.
7. Who should have been your Husband (but they didn’t know it)?
Rik Mayall. Love his humour, love his eyes, loved his Bottom (do you see what I did there!)
8. Describe your perfect day
Well apart from it being my favourite Lou Read song, I think it would be a day spent with my Husband by the sea somewhere. I love being by the sea. The sun would be shining – but not too hot- we would be sitting looking out at the sea surrounded by a beautiful coastline – listening to waves crashing rhythmically on the shore and the sound of the seagulls above. Later we would treat ourselves to a fish & chip supper (always taste better from the seaside) throwing chips to the seagulls and watching them swoop down. Then a slow walk along a coastal path watching the sun slowly setting. Just as darkness starts to creep in we would head to a small local pub overlooking the sea, we would chat over a couple of drinks before heading off to the room we had booked which of course has a sea view. We would spend some time looking at the moonlight over the sea before jumping into bed…the rest is strictly between Mr H and myself!
9. If you could travel back in time to any decade for any event, what would it be?
Wow this one is hard but it would be back to August 28th, 1963 to be in the crowd listening to Martin Luther King and his ‘I have a dream’ speech. It has to go down as one of the most motivational speeches in history. Unfortunately people only tend to know the most famous excerpts from it, but it should be downloaded and read in it’s entirety. The atmosphere at the time must have been electric. August 28th is also my Birthday!
10. Where do you stand on beef burgers?
Well I don’t really have any particular stance. I never buy them (unless we are eating out) I always make my own. They are the easiest thing in the world to make and you know what you are putting into your mouth. I find burgers to be rather bland so spice mine up with herbs and chilli. If I do eat a burger out I will always choose a veggie burger.
11. What two words best describes you?
Critical and caring.
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I am a Trekkie
2. I used to attend conventions with my best mate & we both had Next Gen uniforms.
3. I have been on Local Radio (in Star Trek Uniform)
4. I have socialised and danced with The Bounty Hunter from Star Wars (Jeremy Bulloch)
5. I worked at the Start Trek Exhibition at the Gas Hall, Birmingham
6. I was adopted but managed to trace & meet my Birth Mother
7. I can name the 66 books in the bible (Have to sing them to remember them – although a bit rusty now) My parents used to holiday in bed & breakfasts in deepest Wales. One holiday we were asked if we wanted to join in with the family evening sing a long (no t.v.’s). One of the songs was based around reciting all of the books of the bible – I spent weeks after with a bible practicing. (see item 8)
8. In times of stress to take my mind of something I recite the books of the bible in my head, going back to the start if I make a mistake. Got through root canal work at the dentist quite easily using this method!
9. Since finding my birth Mother I have found out that I am half Welsh!
10. I love walking around graveyards and anything related to how different religions deal with death and the customs that surround it.
11. I once applied for a job at a funeral parlour but was turned down as they thought I was too qualified!!
Now the bloggers I would like to nominate (in no particular order) are:
4. Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy
The questions that I would like to ask them are:
1. What would you have inscribed on your tombstone?
2. What is the best book you have ever read?
3. If you could ask just one person (living or dead) one question who would it be and what would be the question?
4. Describe your immediate surroundings
5. If you could delete something from your past what would it be?
6. Who or what has inspired you most up to the present day?
7. What has been the best day of your life so far?
8. Why do you blog?
9. What would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
10. How did you celebrate the Millennium?
11. What is your favourite drink (doesn’t have to be alcoholic)?
Good luck…Xx
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading - please feel free to leave a comment.