Thursday, 3 January 2013

LOOKING FORWARD





A  new year has started and to be honest it does not seem that long since I was letting in 2012.     True to form I have not made any resolutions.  I gave up doing that years ago when I realised that I never kept any of them.  Oh yes, I would start off positive, I would stick to that diet, keep up with the exercise (still working on those two!) but as each month unfolded and different challenges came my way a lot of the well meaning plans that I had, simply got lost, as more important things came along for me to concentrate on.  I expect we are all like this really.  It is good to have a goal in life but I believe that you should be prepared to move the goal posts when the need arises.  I have long since abandoned the ‘guilt complex’ and try to focus on the positive rather than the negative.  Life really is too short.  

Keeping up a positive approach can be difficult at times as it can be easy to let slip during periods when everything just seems to be going wrong.  There are times when you can just be ‘dragged down’ by the negative attitude of other people.   Others have written about this before  and have referred to it as having their bubble burst.

I could write about burst bubbles, I could tell you about the times when the tears flow but that is not what I want you to think of when you think of my family and what having a child with different needs is like.  I invite you to look back with me over the past twelve months and celebrate the amazing achievements that have been made.


JANUARY

I AM LEARNING TO HOLD A CUP
PORTAGE PLAY
FEBRUARY
I ENJOY USING MY STANDING FRAME

 MARCH

GASTROSTOMY BUTTON FITTED


I BROKE MY WRIST SO COULD NOT TAKE PHOTOS FOR A WHILE


MAY

I HAVE NOW LEARNT HOW TO OPERATE A 'SWITCH' TOY

LEARNING TO CRAWL

JUNE



TV APPEARANCE WITH MUMMY


LEARNING TO STAND WITH NANNY ANNE

JULY

I CAN NOW DRINK FROM MY CUP

LEARNING TO PUSH UP FOR STANDING
I AM NOW ABLE TO STAND AND PLAY WITH MY SISTER

HOORAY


IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

AUGUST


PULLING MYSELF UP IS NOW EASY

AND SO IS STANDING I NO LONGER NEED MY FRAME

SEPTEMBER


 WITH MY BIG SISTER AT A SWAN FUN DAY 

GRANDAD ROB MADE ME SOME PARALLEL BARS

OCTOBER

LOOK AT ME NOW GRANDAD

NOVEMBER


WATCH ME WALK AROUND THE FURNITURE

DECEMBER



I STARTED AT MY SEN NURSERY IN SEPTEMBER AND I WAS A MOUSE IN THE NATIVITY



MY BIG SISTER WAS A CAMEL IN HER SCHOOL NATIVITY



I have two wonderful Grandchildren that I love with all my heart.  They are both achievers in their own right and I am so very proud of them.  I recently went to both of their nativity plays and cried during both as I was just so very proud.  Natalie was a camel leading the wise men.  She was so excited at this part as she got to wear a special costume provided by the school and also got to walk among the audience with the wise men in tow.  She took the part very seriously and I had a lump in my throat as I watched her walk around and also the fact that she knew every word in the songs they sang and all the actions.

Sticking to the animal theme, Jess was a mouse in her play.  She also had a costume which had a hood with pink ‘mouse ears’ she looked so cute but true to form refused to keep the hood on.  During the singing all of the staff signed in Makaton and so did some of the children. Jess was definitely trying join in.
Life is not always a bed of roses and bad things do happen but if there is one thing that I have learnt it is  NEVER BELIEVE IN NEVER AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING.

One last photo I wanted to share- both Natalie & Jess had murals for their bedroom wall this Christmas, Natalie's was Disney Princess and Jess's was In the Night Garden, she adores Iggle Piggle.  

LOOK WHOSE IN MY BEDROOM MUMMY!



I hope everyone has a very good and peaceful 2013.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - a lovely, uplifting post to celebrate Jess's achievements over the past year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading - please feel free to leave a comment.